Factom (CURRENCY:FCT) traded down 7.8% against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 18:00 PM ET on June 26th. During the last week, Factom has traded down 14.3% against the U.S. dollar. Factom has a market capitalization of $51.96 million and $648,905.00 worth of Factom was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Factom coin can now be bought for about $5.39 or 0.00042886 BTC on major exchanges including Poloniex, Bittrex, BCEX and Cryptopia.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- XRP (XRP) traded 0.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.47 or 0.00003703 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded down 4% against the dollar and now trades at $34.86 or 0.00277462 BTC.
- Bitcoin SV (BSV) traded down 9.1% against the dollar and now trades at $215.08 or 0.01712104 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded up 0.4% against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00007977 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded 4.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0365 or 0.00000291 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded 0.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.12 or 0.00000978 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded 1.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $18.93 or 0.00150653 BTC.
- Chainlink (LINK) traded 7.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.33 or 0.00018509 BTC.
- COZ (COZ) traded up 26.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00004541 BTC.
- Crypto.com Chain (CRO) traded 8.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0682 or 0.00000543 BTC.
Factom launched on October 5th, 2015. Factom’s total supply is 9,643,670 coins. Factom’s official Twitter account is @factom and its Facebook page is accessible here. Factom’s official website is factom.org. The Reddit community for Factom is /r/factom and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Will Factoids have their own blockchain? Ultimately Factoids will be implemented on their own Chain in Factom. For the crowd sale, other options are possible. How are Factoids created? Two ways. Factoids will be created as a part of the crowd sale. Secondly, Factoids will be created at a fixed rate and paid to the Factom Servers and Audit Servers for their work running the system, and to pay other incentives. Is there a separate Proof of Work or other consensus mechanism for factoids, independent of factom? No. That said, the Factom chain and the Entry chain are managed by the Factom Servers (they are the application using these chains) so they validate them in real time. No invalid entries can be placed in these chains. How do factoids get sent back to the protocol? Is it a kind of burn? No. The Entry Credits are burned. Entry Credits are non transferable. They can only be used to buy entries. But when they DO buy entries, the Factoid in the protocol that was used to buy the Entry Credits is released. The amount of Factoids varies since the price of Entry Credits per Factoid varies. The Factoid paid out is calculated by dividing the total number of Factoid in the protocol by the number of outstanding Entry Credits. The number of Factoids in the protocol and the number of outstanding Entry Credits are all computable from the Entry Chain and the Factoid Chain. “
Buying and Selling Factom
Factom can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Poloniex, Bit-Z, BCEX, Upbit, Cryptopia and Bittrex. It is usually not presently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Factom directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Factom should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Factom using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Factom Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Factom and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.